Last updated: July 1 st, 2018
Effective date：July 1 st, 2018
RoCloud is a secure and reliable global cloud communication service provider with provides software developers with building blocks to add communications to web and mobile applications.
RoCloud is pre-charged service and you need to ensure that the account balance is sufficient.
RoCloud overseas IM service billing method:
- 1. The total amount of daily message volume is less than 5 million, and it is recommended to use the RoCloud overseas data center basic version service.
- 2. The total amount of daily message volume is more than 5 million as a high-traffic customer, it requires to deploy a proprietary cloud service will be monitored and maintained by a dedicated person to ensure security and stability.
We will explain each of the types of user information we collect and their corresponding uses, so that you can understand the types, reasons for use, and collection methods of the specific personal information we collect for a particular feature.
We may not actively share or transfer your information to third parties. If there are other sharing or transfer of your information or if you need us to share or transfer your information to a third party, we shall DIRECTLY confirming that a third party has obtained your explicit consent to the above actions. In addition, we may conduct risk assessments for external information provision.
We may not ruled out the need to collect your information directly or indirectly from third parties, we will clearly indicate to you the source, type and scope of use of your information before the action. For example, the user information processing activities required by RoCloud to conduct business exceed the scope of your authorized consent when providing your information to third parties. We shall obtain your express consent before processing your information; in addition, we may also strictly comply with the relevant laws and regulations, and require third parties to guarantee the legality of the information they provided.
You may access, correct, and delete your Information through the channels listed in this clause, or you may withdraw your consent, cancel your account, report your complaint, and set privacy protection.
If you want to understand more detailed information, please read the corresponding chapter according to the following index:
Information we collect
In the process of using the cloud service, RoCloud may collect information that you provide or the information need to be collected when you use the service we provided to you, which is in use to optimize our services and secure your account.
- When you use the RoCloud service, we may collect your information such as: nickname, avatar, user ID, and the information we collect is in order to display the basic information of the sender and receiver when using the cloud-based instant messaging service. If you do not provide this type of information, you may not be able to use our instant messaging service.
- When you use the RoCloud service, we may store user's message data, which is stored to provide you with the message download service when using the cloud-based instant messaging service. If you refuse us to store your message data, you may not be able to use our message download service.
- When you use the RoCloud service, we may collect your terminal information, including the operating system version, application package name, iOS: device Token/Android: device ID, screen size, APP installation channel, name and version number of operating system (Android-21, iOS-11.3), time zone, language, network type (WIFI, 4G, 3G, 2G), App version number, device model, SDK version number of RoCloud, name of network carrier, MAC address of android mobile, Whether the iOS mobile is jail break and the mobile IDFV, this information is may collected in order to use our message push service and continue to optimize our services when using RoCloud instant messaging service. If you do not provide this type of information, you may not be able to use our messaging service.
- When you use the RoCloud service, we may collect the RoCloud SDK log information, including the RoCloud SDK version number, user token, AppKey, user's mobile phone manufacturer, the basic information of operating system and version number, type of network, carrier code. The error code of interface calling and the error code of the connect failure are collected to solve the problem encountered when using the RoCloud instant messaging service. If you do not provide this type of information, it may affect the troubleshooting issues when using the service.
In addition, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations and national standards, in the following cases, we may collect and use your relevant user information without asking for your authorization:
- Directly related to state interests such as national security and national defense security; directly related to major public interests such as public safety, public health, and public knowledge;
Directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgments;
- To protect the serious legal rights of users or other individuals, such as life, property, reputation, etc.
- The user information collected is disclosed to the public by yourself;
- Collecting user information from legally public disclosed information, such as legitimate news reports, government information disclosure, etc.;
- Required to sign and perform the contract as required;
- Necessary to maintain the safe and stable operation of the products or services provided, such as the discovery, disposal of products or services;
- Necessary for legal news reporting;
- De-identifying the user information contained in the results when the statistical or academic research is necessary for the public interest and the results of the academic research or description are provided externally;
- Other circumstances as stipulated by laws and regulations.
Please understand that the functions and services we provide to you are constantly updated and developed. If a function or service is not in the above description and your information is collected, we may explain to you the content, scope and purpose of the information collection in order to obtain your consent through the page prompt, website announcement, VIP group, etc.
Please note that RoCloud may not be actively obtaining your information from third parties. We shall keep the right to obtain your information indirectly from a third party for business development in the future; we may clearly indicate to you the source, type and scope of use of your information before the action. For example, the user information processing activities required by RoCloud to conduct business exceed the scope of your authorized consent when providing your information to third parties. We shall obtain your consent before processing your information; in addition, we may also strictly comply with the relevant laws and regulations, and require third parties to guarantee the legality of the information they provided.
- We shall store the collected user information in the legal jurisdiction of the data required by the relevant national laws and regulations in accordance with the relevant national laws and regulations. We may regard user data security as the top priority, and all content uploaded by users is stored on a secure and reliable server.
- Term of Information storage
- In general, we shall retain your information only for the time necessary to achieve the purpose, such as: User nickname, avatar, User ID: If you need to use the cloud service, we may need to reserve user nickname, avatar, User ID to ensure that RoCloud service can be used normally. When you log off account of RoCloud service, we shall delete the corresponding information as you provided.
- Terminal device information: If you need to use the cloud messaging service, we shall need to reserve your terminal device information to ensure that user may normally use the cloud messaging service. When you log off account of RoCloud service, we shall delete the corresponding information as you provided.
- RoCloud SDK log information: In order to ensure the corresponding issues of use may resolved during the use of the cloud service, we shall save the RoCloud SDK log information for seven days, and it may automatically clear up after seven days.
- RoCloud user message information: If you need to use the cloud message download service, we shall save user message data for three days, and it may automatically clean up after three days saving.
Please note that no service is completely secure. While we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or a data breach will never occur.
We shall use various security measures to ensure the security of information within a reasonable level of security. For example, we use encryption (e.g., SSL), Anonymous processing and other means to protect your information.
We may use the ever-increasing technical means to enhance the security capabilities of the SDK installed on your device to prevent your information from leaking. For example, we may perform partial information encryption on the SDK for secure transmission.
We may establish specialized management systems, processes and organizations to ensure the security of information. For example, we may strictly limit the range of people accessing information, require them to comply with confidentiality obligations, and conduct audits.
In the event of a security incident such as a user's information disclosure, we may initiate an emergency plan to prevent the security incident from expanding and inform you by push notifications, announcements, etc.
At present, RoCloud has qualified the national network security level protection (level 3) and trusted cloud evaluation and filing, and has met the requirements of ISO27001 and other international authoritative certification standards in information security, and has obtained corresponding certification.
How information is used
To ensure the security of services and to help us better understand the operation circumstances of RoCloud SDK, we may record relevant information, such as users' application crash data, error exception logs, and terminal device data. We may not combine the information we stored with any personally identifiable information you provided in the application.
If we use your information beyond the stated and directly or reasonably associated scope of the collection, we may notify you and obtain your express consent before using your information.
Information provided to or used by third parties
We may do not actively share or transfer your user information to third parties for now. If there are other sharing or transfer of your user information or if you need us to share or transfer your user information to a third party, we may directly or confirm the third party has obtained your express consent to the above actions.
We may not publicly disclose the collected user information. If it is necessary to disclose it publicly, we may inform you of the purpose of the public disclosure, the type of information disclosed and the sensitive information that may be involved, to obtain your express consent.
As our business continues to grow, we are likely to conduct mergers, acquisitions, asset transfers, etc. We may inform you of the relevant circumstances, continue to protect or require new controllers to continue in accordance with laws and regulations and standards not lower than the requirements of this guide.
In addition, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations and national standards, in the following cases, we may share, transfer, and publicly disclose user information without prior authorization of the subject of personal information:
- Directly related to national security and national defense security;
- Directly related to public safety, public health, and major public interests;
- Directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgments;
- To protect the serious legal rights of users or other individuals, such as life, property, reputation, etc.
- Personal information that the personal information subject publicly discloses to the public;
- Collect personal information from legally publicly disclosed information, such as legitimate news reports and government information disclosure.
During the using of RoCloud service, in order to ensure customer can delete user information, and to protect your right to withdraw the consent to use the user information and to cancel the account, we may provide you with the corresponding operation settings in the product design; you can refer to the following guide to the operation. In addition, we have set up a complaint-reporting channel, and your comments will be processed as soon as possible
- Acquisition of device Token / device ID requires the user's consent to get it.
- Customers can tell us to close the collection of business log data through official channels.
- User nicknames and avatars can be updated via the SDK interface.
- User message data is saved for 3 days for users to download and will be deleted from the server after 3 days.
We may change our Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make changes we shall revise the “Effective” date at the top of this statement, and we may provide additional notice such as on the RoCloud website homepage, or via the email address we have on file for you. We may comply with applicable law with respect to any changes we make to this notice and seek your consent to any material changes if this is required by applicable law.
Protection of children
We do not knowingly permit children under the age of 13 or 16 to sign up for a RoCloud account. If we discover someone who is underage has signed up for a RoCloud account, we may take reasonable steps to promptly remove that person’s personal information from our records.
14th Floor, Plaza of Ultrapower software,
Building 1, No.13, Beiyuan North Road,
We will review the issue as soon as possible and respond it within 30 days of verifying your user identity.